Thursday 22 December 2011

Cake Boss Season 1-4

  

Focusing on a bakery in New Jersey run by Buddy and his family, Cake Boss follows the special order cakes that Buddy is known to produce from a giant flip flop to a roulette table and the best part is that most of it is all edible. When I began the show I was most interested in the cakes themselves as I myself am a baker but as the show progressed through its four seasons the interpersonal relationships became the focus of the show more than the cakes. The more extreme the cakes got - such as the transformer cake - the more I wanted the simpler cakes to be done.

  

As I continued to watch the show I was amazed that the bakery actually made any money with the entire family working there and always fighting. I couldn't imagine working with my family and with CakeBoss it's the extended family as well which I'm sure makes it extremely complicated and challenging. 

The show is at its best when its dealing with cakes for the public but the series has leaned more towards the family drama and cakes for family occasions. The drama of the series does get old and the audience, like most of Buddy's co-workers/family cringe when Buddy starts laying down challenges. Honestly, Buddy is the perfect personality for reality television but his ego and cocky attitude get old after a while and it really takes away from the show. Not to mention the praise of Hoboken, New Jersey. And you could never accuse Buddy of not being all about his family. Overall the amazing cakes is what keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment