Monday 20 June 2011

The Big Fat Quiz of the Year



I stumbled upon this show while watching QI on youtube, it was one of the suggestion videos that come up on the side for Jimmy Caar's annoying laugh. Jimmy Caar isn't my favorite British comedian but someone was making fun of him so I thought it was worth a look. Of course after seeing this one clip I felt compelled to watch the entire show and work my way through the others.



Now I should say I do have a healthy obsession when it comes to British chat/quiz/panel shows. There's nothing to compare them to in the States. Three teams of two celebrities, news from the year and plenty of laughs, it didn't let me down. It was rather strange though watching the episodes from 2004 and 2005 as the news doesn't seem like it had happened that long ago. Of course you would think that shows like this that are dealing with current events and reality tv that all becomes heavily dated wouldn't be as fun to watch again but really its not the news that's important its the funny answers and conversations the questions/answers generate.

The celebrities are all my favorite comedians that I've seen on other quiz shows. The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2006 with the Goth Detectives: Noel Fielding and Russell Brand was the best. I'm not sure the show can do any better. They were hilarious together especially when Jimmy gave them 22 points for one answer because he had assumed they weren't going to get it. And then they go on to win much to the dismay of David Walliams. It was epic!


No comments:

Post a Comment