Thursday 23 June 2011

Jonathan Creek - Series One


I've been hearing about Jonathan Creek for a while because of my avid obsession with QI and Alan Davies and I finally sat down to watch it. The show is quirky, really I think that's the best way to describe it but it's an awesome quirky. How can you not love a socially awkward, magician trick maker who lives in a windmill? The mysteries, or rather the solutions are kinda Sherlock Holmesian because you can never guess how the mystery will be solved. Although that doesn't stop you from trying!

Alan Davies is well for starters super young in this, compared to QI where I'm used to seeing him. It is from 1997 though so this has to be taken into consideration. His delivery if great and I loved when he's solving the mystery or he's asking questions and the camera closes in on his face. It is aware of itself in an ingenious way. I was disappointed that Anthony Head hasn't played a bigger role in the series besides the beginning episode. Talk about someone looking young! I do think though that eyeliner a good look for him.

Plus the series has a nice light humor to it that I enjoy. One of my favorite episodes so far has been 'No Trace of Tracey' where there were funny frog jokes/lines like; 'I draw your attention to page 1-9-7 of the observers book of frogs.' I mean how great is that! Only to be outdone by 'Have you been sucking a frog?'



No comments:

Post a Comment