Thursday 7 July 2011

Eureka Season 4.0





When am I going to learn that shows that can include time travel are always going to be open to change. I had taken a big break from Eureka but as it's due to come back next week I thought it would be go to finish it up so I'm ready to watch as it airs. Season 4.0 as it's released on DVD featuring the first half of the season has me on the fence. James Callis as Dr. Grant I thought was a great additive. I love the 40s attitude and his voice is amazing which was a big surprised when I looked him up and realized he had played Tom, friend to Bridget Jones! I liked the initial story of going back to 1947 but I thought it would end differently. Eureka is turning out to be more like a soap opera in the respect that characters never get together, although I guess by the end Carter and Allyson made it happen I was very upset about Jo and Zane. My favorite couple on the show, there's a proposal and then nothing. And the Zoey kink just didn't work. I'm hoping, as it has been hinted at that Zane and Jo end up back where they were. I mean really if Henry can tell his wife what happened and they can share a brain thing why can't Jo and Zane? The change with Kevin didn't really bother me as much, really nothing bothered me as much as Jo and Zane. In fact I really liked Dr. Grant especially when there was a chance of him going back I was torn between wanting him to go and wanting him to stay.

Bringing back Beverly and Taggert I thought was unnecessary. Well that actually needs more explaining. Beverly I don't care about and really haven't since the first season. If what she was doing in this season the same as what she had been doing its just boring and doesn't have a sinister appeal which I think it needs. Whenever she comes on the screen I tune out when I should be trying to figure out her motive and angle. Taggert is a different story. It always seems that once I start wondering what happened to him and notice that he hasn't been on the show he appears under strange circumstances, the ice in the last season and now as Santa. I think they haven't been able to keep has a steady character but yet keeps trying to bring him back. The same can be said of Tess, Zoey and Nathan's appearances. Either decide to keep the character or not.

I think Allyson's job as the medical officer is much better suited for her, she's actually doing research now which is refreshing but Fargo as the director is ridiculous. I know I had wanted him to be smarter and less of a comedy relief, which instead has moved on to Larry, but he's just not believable as the director of GD. Eureka has been picked up for another season but it has also changed it's scheduled day so I'm not sure how long it will last, usually a change in day or time, for American television is the first nail the coffin. Even with all my complaining I'm looking forward to next weeks premier, like I said before although it might not always be for the good everything can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment