Sunday 28 August 2011

8 Out of 10 Cats

 

Jimmy Carr hosts a current news comedy panel show on polls and statistics with two teams of three with team captains. Sean Lock had been there from the beginning but the other team captain has changed from Dave Spikey for the first four series, Jason Manford until series 10 and now Jon Richardson. I enjoy the show, I love Jimmy Carr and Sean Lock and some the guest are really funny. David Walliams has really grown on me from this show although I'm still unsure of what to think of him. However, I have come to realise that the show could basically be a radio show. It doesn't really have to be watched just listened to. It also gets a little boring if you watch television like I do and just binge on it cause Jimmy Carr says the same thing every episode introducing the rounds. It's a great show to listening to something while doing something else, not all your attention has to be on the show. It was strange to begin with because I was watching shows from 2005 so everything that was going on was old news but it was kinda cool to see what we were talking about and what was important then as opposed to now. It was almost more fun to watch the old episodes then to watch the current ones strangely.

Sean Lock is a great team captain and I thoroughly enjoy him. Dave Spikey was okay but wasn't anything great. I could take him or leave him really. Jason Manford I've liked the most matched with Lock mainly because Manford is more upbeat to Lock which creates a nice balance. I like Jon Richardson and he's funny but he has sort of the same type of humor as Lock so the show becomes more downbeat and there isn't that nice balance Lock had with Manford.  


No comments:

Post a Comment