Sunday 28 August 2011

Confetti



Confetti was a 2006 mockumentary about three couples competing for the best original wedding. Mockumentaries can be good and bad but this one is definitely in the good category. First off the cast is amazing, Jimmy Carr, Martin Freeman, Jessica Hynes, Stephen Mangan, Robert Webb, Olivia Colman, Alison Steadman, Julia Davis and Jason Watkins. Most of whom are known for their comedy. The big surprise for me was Jason Watkins who played a very camp wedding planner which he was excellent at but it's a long way from the vampire character from Being Human that I'm used to. It was a fun film and at times the sense of a mockumentary was lost which was a good thing, you forgot that it was a mockumentary which I feel added to the enjoyment of the film. I think my favorite part was when Jimmy Carr got into the elevator with the sister of one of the brides. It so fits his persona on the shows he hosts that, that made for a really funny moment, at least for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment