Saturday 27 August 2011

The Blood on Satan's Claw

 

The Blood on Satan's Claw is a strange film to say the least. It's very seventies and I was constantly reminded of Jesus Christ Superstar while watching it. It's a horror film with a mix of folklore. There were creepy moments but as far as horror goes it was fine. Of course the walk home after watching it was a little unnerving when a gate started to creek. Some of the shots were amazing and really well done. Interesting images that added to the strangeness of the story. 

  

There isn't really much to say about it (I do admit it's been a while since I saw it so I've forgotten a lot of what I had to say about it). It's not a film I would normally want to watch or actively seek but there was something about it that made it enjoyable in a weird way. I think the cinematography is what really drew me in. The story of kids going crazy worshiping the devil was a ridiculous story but it reminded me of Arthur Miller's The Crucible. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment