Saturday 27 August 2011

The IT Crowd

  

'Have you tried turning it off and on again?' I recently re-watched all four series of The IT Crowd. When I first watched I had just started venturing into British comedy and it was the first three series was on Netflix so I thought I would give it a try and then when it was recommissioned for a fourth series I kept up with it. At first I didn't like the fourth series as much but it's a lot funnier the second time around. Really the show improved with my knowledge of British comedy and news so some of the jokes which I didn't get the first time around I got the second time around.

I still don't like either of the bosses, especially Douglas played by Matt Berry. I remember watching Berry in The Mighty Boosh and not liking him there either. I'm just not a fan of that type of comedy. It's loud absurd and not funny. It's the awkward comedy reminiscent of The Office that I just don't enjoy watching. Of course after watching the Mighty Boosh it's funny to see all the crossovers: Berry, Ayoade and Noel Fielding. Fielding as Richmond was one of my favorite characters but Richard Ayoade as Moss is amazing! This was my first introduction to Katherine Parkinson and everything I have seen her in after this I feel is the same character although I like her best in this role.

The show is funny and I enjoy it, I mean I've watched it twice now all the way through and I think it's a lot better than some of the stuff they have on tv now but there's something about it that I can't really articulate that doesn't make it amazing. There's something that seems to be lacking in its construction. It's just a little out of sync. Of course having said that I would still recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment