Saturday 27 August 2011

Lip Service

 

Lip Service premiered on BBC three in 2010 and is basically a Scottish version of The L Word but with more drama. Although the main cast are lesbians the show is more concerned about Frankie finding out her past than a focus on sexuality. This is good for the portrayal of lesbians on television but I think the show was marketed in the wrong way so when I started watching I was expecting something else. It's a heavily dramatic show that I wasn't really ready for perhaps. I tried to keep up with it when it was airing but lost interest and just recently went back to watch it all. The history between Frankie and Cat made the show interesting but it was all leading up to their affair at the end which was a little anti-climatic because it was at the end and there were no repercussions. It might be a personal issue because I dislike watching films or shows with affairs and cheating so it was hard for me to really identify with the characters. And Frankie was just so screwed up and wasn't regretful to the point that she changed her behaviour and I just lost interest her as a character. I wouldn't continue with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment