Saturday 27 August 2011

Would I Lie to You?

  

Would I Lie to You? another British panel show that is absolutely amazing. Angus Deacon hosted it for the first two series and Rob Bryon have hosted it from the third series. Although Angus Deacon was alright I do enjoy Rob Brydon the most as he's more well funny but more relaxed than Deacon who remains newsreporterish. David Mitchell and Lee Mack are team captains. Basically each of the teams read out statements that they have to convince the opposing team are true which is made harder by the fact that they haven't seen the statements before and so its basically thinking on their feet. The show has introduced and phased out different rounds of the show throughout the progression of the series. My favorite rounds are the home truths where it's just statements and Who Am I To You where a guest comes on with a relationship with one of the team members. When I started the show I already really like Rob Brydon and David Mitchell but the show also really made me like Lee Mack. He kinda grows on you once you get past his loudness. 

It is just another British comedy panel show but it's entertaining. I do worry sometime about how far it will go with keeping the team captains the same. Not that I want that to change but I guess I feel as if my life is so boring when some of the statements they read are actually true. The show constantly makes me try to think of something that I've done that just sounds ridiculous to not be true and I don't come up with much which is a little depressing but I still love the show and cannot wait until the next series airs. It's such a fun concept and you'll be sure to laugh at least a bit.

The best episode is series 4 episode 3 with Keeley Hawes and Stephen Mangan on David's team and Kevin Bridges and Brian Cox. To start with I do not like Keeley Haws really for horrible grudge holding reasons but this story was hilarious. 

 

And Kevin Bridges story was just as funny if not more so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment