Friday 7 June 2013

Ek Tha Tiger

I have a bit of a personal history with this film. I just happened to be at Trinity College in Dublin to see the sights when I saw a film crew in the area surrounding by Indian fans so obviously I was interested and when got up close enough I was able to see Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif! I was pretty excited and stayed to watch longer than I had intended not bothered by the fact that I was limiting my time in Dublin I was seeing a Bollywood film being made. What were the chances?


Two years later I finally got around to seeing the film which was an action film a recent trend in Bollywood ti seems. Salman Khan plays a secret agent of sorts of the Indian government while Katrina Kaif is one for the Pakistani government. It's a bit of a Mr. and Mrs. Smith remake but the cultural significance of the history between the two countries adds something to the film.

The fight scenes are pretty hilarious because most of what you see on screen is impossible to do in real life. It treads on the heels of Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger. There are lots of explosions and world travel - none of which really makes sense. There really isn't a reason for the film to take place in Dublin. To add onto the ridiculous fight scenes were the dance numbers. Even with all the explosions, chases and gun fights Salman Khan always found the time to dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment