Friday 7 June 2013

Hum Tum





There was lip locking in this film! Shocking I tell you. Kissing in a Bollywood film! Not to mention the obvious sex before marriage. I was not exactly prepared for all this in a Bollywood film but once I got over my shock I found the film enjoyable. It took me until the very end of the film to realize it was a remake of sorts of When Harry Met Sally but I think it was different enough to stand alone unlike other Bollywood remakes.

Saif Ali Khan needed some help in the fashion department for this film because both his many hair styles and horrible pants from the opening number left the audience cringing. The song and dance numbers weren't amazing but the story was good. I really liked the inserts of Karan's comics. They added something to the film which helped time pass in Karan and Rhea's relationship. The freak out Karan had after they slept together was predictable but his eventual confession of love was worth the wait. It's definitely a movie for waiting.

The supporting cast was phenomenal but when you have Rishi Kapoor and Kirron Kher and the small cameo of Abhishek Bachchan you can't really go wrong. They acted as good companions to the two main characters and grounded them for the audience. Voice of reason. I loved it when Abhishek's character tells Karan that he better not realize he's in love with Rhea now that she's getting married which is the plot line of a lot of other Bollywood films.

Thinking more about the pairing of Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji I think why it seems to strange to me is that is seems so natural which you would think would be perfect but it stands out. It's not necessarily a bad thing but I took notice of it and it hindered my enjoyment of their pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment